Our vision for Physical Education (P.E) at Meersbrook Bank Primary School
In Physical education we want to inspire children to participate in and enjoy physical activity and to recognise the importance of an active and healthy lifestyle.
PE is a valued part of our school curriculum and we believe that an innovative, varied approach, including extra-curricular opportunities has a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children. It underpins our ethos of learning together and working as a team, nurturing the needs and talents of every child and develops high self-esteem and high expectations.
Our Primary School Sports Funding will enable us to:
- provide exciting opportunities for our children that will enrich their learning and help them to stay fit, motivated and lead a healthy lifestyle
- extend our sports provision through the use of a range of external coaches
- provide opportunities to enter more competitive sports out of school
- training for staff to deliver high quality PE lessons
- focus on the resources and equipment in order to make all PE lessons exciting and stimulating
- provide a more varied menu of after school clubs to encourage the children to remain actively engaged in PE and sport tailored to meet their particular interests